leading through chaos
On the 12th of March, 2020, the landscape of Australia and the world started to somersault due to Covid-19. Since then, we have been seeing radical changes to the way we do work and leadership and life.
Leading through Chaos is a video interview series conducted with women in senior to executive levels who share their insights, knowledge, skill-set and tool-base with us.
Rather than seeing this time as predominantly negative, I'm challenging leaders to step up as we focus on the positive aspects and opportunities which are showing themselves.
joanna jensen: episode one
In Episode One, I interview the gracious Joanna Jensen from the Institute of Managers and Leaders.
Jo's Current Role:
- Program Development Manager, Institute of Managers Leaders
Before starting with the Institute of Managers Leaders four years ago, Joanna’s background has been in professional services organization’s working in marketing, events and business development roles both in Australia and the UK.
Joanna has had a wealth of experience in managing projects with a strategic and business development focus.
She has the ability to build meaningful relationships with clients and teams, and has vast experience in managing small teams.
Joanna is an active mother of two. 😉
She shares her valuable insights on the following questions:
- What was your initial response to this situation?
- What have been some of the biggest challenges you have had to face over the past few weeks/months?
- What have these challenges/changes meant for you as a leader?
- How have you learnt to cope / adapt with these changes?
- How have you had to support your team?
- What lessons have you learnt that you can share?
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
JOANNA JENSEN REVIEW:
- What ideas resonated the most for you?
- Why do you think this is?
- What are you already doing that is working for you and your team?
- What is one thing you could take from Jo's talk and implement?
I break my day into small, manageable sections - allowing for time with my children and work commitments (Joanna Jensen)
LEADING YOUR TEAM THROUGH CHAOS TO THE OTHER SIDE IS A VITAL SKILL-SET WHICH CAN BE DEVELOPED. The questions above are intended to get you thinking and discussing with others what STEPS YOU CAN BE TAKING TO LEAD YOUR TEAM MEANINGFULLY AND POWERFULLY.
If you enjoyed this interview and are serious about developing your influence as a woman in the workplace, find out about our live webinar happening in mid-May.
I've researched and discovered there are five hurdles women face in particular on our leadership journeys. If these are not addressed, they can become sizable limitations to your moving forward. Come learn about the "5 Key Challenges Facing Women's Leadership Webinar" and how you can overcome these.
Until next time, I will see you at the top!