resilience training and change management courses: the power of positive change and resilience
Change is an inevitable part of life.
Change is progress.
Change is creative.
Change leads to a better way.
We all know how to change. We are all resilient. But the truth is that sometimes we need some help getting our "bounce" back.
why change and resilience important to your success?
- Are You Feeling “Change Fatigued”? So, So Tired Out, With No End In Sight – Wondering How You Are Supposed To Keep Up With Workload, Other People’s Expectations, And The Myriad Of Details Your Day To Day Life Entails?
- Are You Having To Regularly Deal With Stressful Situations That Stretch You Way Outside Of Your Comfort One – At Work Or Home?
- Do You Have To Implement Change Initiatives In Your Work Environment But See More Failure Than Success?
The Good News Is That We All Know How To Change. We Are All Resilient. But The Truth Is That Sometimes We Need Some Help In Getting Our Bounce Back.
Our two specifically designed courses on change will teach you the mindset, skill-set and tool-set of:
- Learning to recognise change before it happens
- Effectively deal with and manage change for yourself and your teams
- Leverage simple but powerful change management toolset to manage and implement change successfully into your workplace
You can do this!
INTRODUCING THE POWER OF positive change and resilience
Every era has had its own fair share of exponential change that have raised the same levels of fear, anxiety and stress.
Believe it or not, in 1881, George Beard wrote a book called, “American Nervousness, Its Causes and Consequences”.
In it he talks about the general concern about a new disease characterised by neurotic, psychosomatic symptoms. He attributes this “new disease” which he labelled “neurasthenia”, to the overwhelming rate of change that was sweeping America at that time. The rate of change was blamed on modern civilization, particularly industrialization and a revolution in transportation methods which brought major social and economic upheaval.
So we can conclude from a quick glance at days gone by that change on the scale we are currently experiencing is not a novel experience to human beings.
However, the answers that we can use to effectively deal with and move with change have changed because we now have a much deeper and more profound understanding of our brain, body and emotions and how they work from the fields of brain science, positive psychology, emotional intelligence.
We have drawn from these fields to help you get a context as well as give you a toolbox full of easy to use and implement tried and tested ideas, tips and techniques.
And because this is such a big topic, we have broken it down into two programmes:
- Bounce Back Big – which teaches you about the psychology and science of change and resilience. This is suitable for both managers as well as their teams and can be used in both your work as well as personal life.
- A Tool-Set for Managing Change – which teaches you about the tools that managers and their teams can use to plan, implement and review their change projects
Psychology of Change and Resilience Programme Objectives:
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Leverage the science behind bounce in your work and personal life by incorporating conscious habits, rituals and routines to more positively process change
- Learn to recognise the symptoms of stress and proactively work on our “inside game” (our mind) to develop your resilience
- Learn how to reframe your stressors
- Use the results from your Resilience Profile to regularly reflect and review on the emotionally intelligent tools shared within the workshop, specific to your situation at a particular point in time.
- Tap into your conscious thinking to intercept and replace negative thoughts and emotions holding you back with tiny tweaks to transform your thinking and emotions
- Use the four factors of resilience model and its toolbox of Emotionally Intelligent strategies to build your bounce
- Influence others at work and in your personal life in building their resilience and bounce
- Create boundaries to help you maintain your positivity around those who hold you back from your bounce
Toolset for Managing Change Programme Objectives:
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognising change before it happens (predicting change) and proactively plan for it rather than reactively
- Manage the change effectively by being able to identify the different types of change that occur in organisations
- Apply a toolbox of specific tools to analyse the range of issues and complexities involved in managing change, helping you to make better and more informed decisions that everyone has bought into
- Define the main responsibilities, behaviours and actions required for managers to effectively lead staff through periods of change.
- Use a change framework and apply the steps to an ongoing change project
- Identify actions that drive and inform decisions to introduce and monitor change effectively across your change project
- Use a communication model for implementing change in your change project that will help you:
- Determine the main barriers to change
- Establish which mediums are best for understanding and buy-in of your change
- Identify effective strategies to engage others and build their commitment to a required change
“Change is hard because people overestimate the value of what they have — and underestimate the value of what they may gain by giving that up.”
- James Belasco and Ralph Stayer
Check what my clients say about me
"The course was very good. The tools shown were fairly practical and were transferrable to the workplace.
My overall impression of the trainer is that she is outstanding, among the best I have experienced.
Kerry Anne is very good at keeping everyone in the room engaged throughout the full two days.
I am confident I can apply what I learned to my job.
The best part of my experience was Kerry and I would definitely recommend this course to others.st"
Outstanding course and facilitator, this was among the best I have experienced.
Excellent tools to use on day to day basis.
Excellent management of thought & objective.
I would strongly recommend this course to others.
The course was very good and my overall impression of Kerry Anne is "outstanding"
She is engaging, has high energy and great use of personal experiences.
The best part of my learning experience was the course content.
I would recommend this course to others.
delivery and value
introducing the power of positive
I have always believed in and tried to live my life from a perspective of “The Power of Positive”. We now know from science that we are 31% more productive in positive than in neutral, negative or stressed.
So, it’ll come as no surprise that my Signature Programmes tie this theme together, whether addressing management or team challenges.
Each of my Signature Programmes in the Power of Positive Series complement each other to form an entire programme. This cohesive framework has been designed to flow from one development topic to the next.
customised to your needs
My modular approach makes it easy for you to choose topics that will solve your specific challenges.
Depending on your needs, challenges and budget, I can craft and customise to create a unique programme tailored for you and your organisation.
And, whilst my workshops tend to be face to face, I recognise and have developed my online offerings to combine with face to face to offer a "blended" approach to reinforce learning and allow for geographically dispersed teams to benefit from learning.
A variety of formats to suit your needs:
- Lunch and Learns (2 -3 hours)
- Live and Pre-Recorded Webinars
- Group and Executive Personalised Coaching
- Online Courses, Web Classes and Master Classes
- Or a blend of the above
my company values
how I create safety for my clients
I believe in creating a sincere, no-judgement zone which makes room for vulnerability, honesty and openness.
The ability to encourage and appreciate the best in all of us is core to how I lead and how I encourage leaders to lead.
I believe that there is power in the present, that we all have a responsibility to be our best and to create shared understanding.
Successful leaders are curious, humble, willing to learn from others and say sorry.
My training provides a sense of belonging in a space that is truthful and challenging, yet respectful.
When we choose to let "stuff" go, to forgive ourselves and others, we learn true freedom.