customer service training: the power of positive service and sales
Sales and service work hand in hand.
They are an essential part of what it means to be successful in any business, whether private or public enterprise.
Successful organisations know how to build their sales funnels and keep them full. And they also know that getting that first sale is only the starting point for further sales, if its done right.
why is customer service training important to your success?
- Is your sales funnel consistently bringing you in client leads that you can convert to new sales?
- Is your service up to speed to provide the necessary support once the sale has been concluded?
- Are you taking advantage of the opportunities that your existing customer base is providing you?
In the Power of Positive Service and Sales, we provide two programmes specifically developed for both service and sales teams that powerfully aligns two processes that are typically kept separate in order that:
- Sales teams develop their skills in a unique way but also to include their service colleagues
- Service teams develop their service offerings off the back of their sales colleagues to provide an end-to-end pipeline and customer centric organisation which keeps customers coming back for more of what you offer.
INTRODUCING THE POWER OF positive service and sales
A customer centric organisation is one where the customer is the heart and focus of everything that you do.
However, too many organisations keep sales and service separate which creates "us" and "them" environments, not conducive for customer centric policies, processes, happy customer pipelines and relationships.
Service is how you keep your customer interested and "hot" for you and your products and services. Service is a simple concept but when we put the wrong people in the right roles and don't have robust, clear and simple processes and policies for working with our customers, we end up with customer complaints and high levels of customer dissatisfaction which greatly undermines the work of the sales process and inhibits our sales funnel from filling up with new leads.
With our two separate programmes, we create a foundation for success that will help you stay ahead of your competitors.
Sales Programme Objectives:
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognise and leverage the changing sales environment and the opportunities it presents to you in your specific industry from transactional to trusted advisor status
- Consciously leverage the science of selling; that's it's a natural part of what we all do as humans everyday
- Identify and work through the most common self-limiting beliefs we have about ourselves in the sales arena and how to overcome these to successfully sell
- Apply the Sales Process to get clients cray for you, your products and services
- Learn how to research your ideal prospects by creating an ideal prospect profile
- Create your prospecting list and build that sales funnel from existing customers to new customers who have never heard of you
- Craft a series of Elevator Pitches:
- Identify your unique selling propositions, dependant on your client and product or service
- Learn how to pick up that phone, send that email and use social media to get appointments
- Learn how to use brain science to ask the right series of questions to discover the emotional buying needs driving all buying decisions
- Create common understanding when presenting your solution that positions you as a trusted advisor with your customer
- Recognise and reframe objections from being scary and negative to positive and productive, using a simple 5-step process
- Use negotiation techniques to get a win-win for both sides and close that sale
- Apply the right close to your customer and situation for a strong end to your sales discussions
- Create a strong pipeline by "warm handing" your customer to those in your organisation who will be providing support throughout your customer's life cycle.
Service Programme Objectives:
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the importance of customer engagement within your organisation and the value they bring to your bottom line.
- Identify the different types of customer within your specific business.
- Identify what's working and what needs work within your customer experience journey
- Identify the different classes and levels of customer needs and expectations in order to satisfy and exceed these
- Identify your core company values around service and how these link to your service strategy
- Apply the concepts of positive and professional communication with your customers and colleagues - including how to "profile" your customers for better outcomes
- Identify the importance of teamwork within your organisation and the opportunities available for growth and development
- Identify the four common roadblocks to customer service and how to overcome these so that your customers stay happy and become long-term advocates of your business
- Learn to listen and question to get the heart of your customer problems
- Turn the bad and sad into opportunities for deeper relationships and learn to differentiate the walkers from the talkers.
- Implement strategies for when things go wrong - to get you back on track with your customers and keep them coming back for more.
“Every sale has five obstacles:
- Zig Ziglar
“Traditional corporations, particularly large-scale service and manufacturing businesses are organized for efficiency.
But not joy.
Joy comes from surprise and connection and humanity and transparency and new…
If you fear special requests, if you staff with cogs, if you have to put it all in a manual, then the chances of amazing someone are really quite low.”
- Seth Godin
Check what my clients say about me
“I recently attended the "Essential Selling Skills" course with Kerry Anne.
I was blown away by the indepth information and teaching methods used by Kerry within the 3 day event. She is a very knowledgable, smart and talented woman with a lot of experience in this field and many more.
I would recommend completing a course with Kerry Anne if given the opportunity as it will open your eyes to reaching bigger and better goals and improving yourself, not only in your career but as an individual also.
/ Camfill Far
"Kerry Anne had a thorough knowledge of course material and was able to answer my questions.
She maintained interest throughout the course and encouraged participation in class, allowing us to contribute freely.
Other comments on Kerry Anne as facilitator:
- Fantastic - very knowledgeable & enthusiastic
- Well-presented + easy to listen to
Most valuable take-aways:
- Learning about behavioral info - learning how to interpret / influence (Spin).
- Strategies to use in work life
- Pause / Self Awareness
- What was good was how it was tailored to our needs
Public Course Feedback
“The facilitator (Kerry Anne) and presentation was great. Learned heaps.
What I will do differently based on the learnings within this program is to be open to others’ feelings or emotions and build solid working relationships.
The most valuable about the program was being reminded of how emotions take over when it should be the thoughts.
I'd rate this programme a 10/10
What I will do differently based on the learnings within this program is to manage emotions with conscious thinking. Be aware that my emotions unconsciously affect others. Understanding different personalities and stepping up and down to their level.
The most valuable about the program was learning how to engage or communicate effectively with people with different personalities or social brain.
I'd rate the programme a 9/10
delivery and value
introducing the power of positive
I have always believed in and tried to live my life from a perspective of “The Power of Positive”. We now know from science that we are 31% more productive in positive than in neutral, negative or stressed.
So, it’ll come as no surprise that my Signature Programmes tie this theme together, whether addressing management or team challenges.
Each of my Signature Programmes in the Power of Positive Series complement each other to form an entire programme. This cohesive framework has been designed to flow from one development topic to the next.
customised to your needs
My modular approach makes it easy for you to choose topics that will solve your specific challenges.
Depending on your needs, challenges and budget, I can craft and customise to create a unique programme tailored for you and your organisation.
And, whilst my workshops tend to be face to face, I recognise and have developed my online offerings to combine with face to face to offer a "blended" approach to reinforce learning and allow for geographically dispersed teams to benefit from learning.
A variety of formats to suit your needs:
- Lunch and Learns (2 -3 hours)
- Live and Pre-Recorded Webinars
- Group and Executive Personalised Coaching
- Online Courses, Web Classes and Master Classes
- Or a blend of the above
my company values
how I create safety for my clients
I believe in creating a sincere, no-judgement zone which makes room for vulnerability, honesty and openness.
The ability to encourage and appreciate the best in all of us is core to how I lead and how I encourage leaders to lead.
I believe that there is power in the present, that we all have a responsibility to be our best and to create shared understanding.
Successful leaders are curious, humble, willing to learn from others and say sorry.
My training provides a sense of belonging in a space that is truthful and challenging, yet respectful.
When we choose to let "stuff" go, to forgive ourselves and others, we learn true freedom.