communicate with influence: the power of positive voice
Most leaders I work with need a little a help in identifying their preferred communication style in relation to others and focusing on the strengths within each style to help get the most from each other and their relationships.
Learn how to identify your own specific style or “flavour” as a leader and a tool-kit of simple yet powerful strategies to get the most from your workplace relationships.
why is learning how to communicate with influence important to your success?
- Have you ever thought about why you like some people more than others?
- Have you got a particular person at work who really frustrates / irritates you and whom you'd term as being "difficult"?
- Have you ever thought about how useful it would be to learn the language of the different "communication styles" so that you can get more "yes" than "no" from those certain "difficult personalities" that tend to drive you crazy?
The Power of Positive Voice will help you as a leader (and your team) to identify your personal communication style and the strengths within each of these styles.
I’ll also teach you and your team how to overcome the challenges of those "difficult" people in your workplace in a fun-filled, focused session where you will learn that the only difficult people are those in your head!
INTRODUCING THE POWER OF positive voice
Every person on your team has a particular “flavour” or way of communicating which can help or hinder relationships within a team, department or organisation.
Most teams I work with need a little a help in identifying their preferred communication style in relation to others and focusing on the strengths within each style to help get the most from each other and their relationships.
Using behavioural profiling, I help managers and their teams to identify their own specific style or “flavour” and teach them a set of strategies to get the most out of their workplace relationships. This is done in a safe and fun environment.
The Price of Conflict
According to the report “Workplace Conflict and How Businesses Can Harness It to Thrive,” the following statistics demonstrate how pervasive conflict is in the workplace:
- 85 percent of employees deal with conflict on some level
- 29 percent of employees deal with it almost constantly
- 34 percent of conflict occurs among front-line employees
- 12 percent of employees say they frequently witness conflict among the senior team
- 49 percent of conflict is a result of personality clashes and “warring egos”
- 34 percent of conflict is caused by stress in the workplace
- 27 percent of employees have witnessed conflicts lead to personal attacks
Almost 60 percent of workers who receive conflict management training report to seek out win-win outcomes when conflicts arise, and 85 percent of people claim to be more proactive when conflict surfaces without taking the conflict personally
By the end of a workshop, you will be able to:
- Provide insights into the link between behaviour, communication and successful relationships at work
- Identify the two continuums of behaviour and their impact on self and others at work
- Provide strategies and tools to help team members better use their strengths to achieve team goals
- Apply the strategies and tools to effectively stretch and adapt to other’s styles in order to achieve win-win outcomes
- Behaviour: the good, the bad and the ugly (what and why)
- The brain and behaviour (self awareness and other awareness)
- People Profiling (Explaining the two continuums of behaviour)
- Identifying my own “People Profile” (debriefing of our own personal communication profile)
- Creating “stretch” and learning to adapt to other styles (how)
- Reviewing and reflecting individually and as a team on the way forward (what’s next)
- Team Building
- Conflict Resolution
- Improving Communication
- Increasing Employee Engagement
- Building a Collaborative Culture
“The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
- George Bernard Shaw
Check what my clients say about me
“Today was interesting because it made me thing about my work colleagues differently" - Maxine
“Today was affirming because it provided a sense of understanding of differences to be aware of an considered” - Susan
“Today was insightful because because I learnt about my behaviours and triggers” - Elizabeth
"Today was great; informative and validating. It opened up my eyes to looking for behaviours first - not the person. Thank you! - Trish
"Today was interesting because learning how to communicate with other styles will benefit not only me but everyone in my team" - Tracey
"Today so important because I learnt so much about myself" - Michelle
"Today was insightful because I had fun learning more about my team mates and myself" - Sally
delivery and value
introducing the power of positive
I have always believed in and tried to live my life from a perspective of “The Power of Positive”. We now know from science that we are 31% more productive in positive than in neutral, negative or stressed.
So, it’ll come as no surprise that my Signature Programmes tie this theme together, whether addressing management or team challenges.
Each of my Signature Programmes in the Power of Positive Series complement each other to form an entire programme. This cohesive framework has been designed to flow from one development topic to the next.
customised to your needs
My modular approach makes it easy for you to choose topics that will solve your specific challenges.
Depending on your needs, challenges and budget, I can craft and customise to create a unique programme tailored for you and your organisation.
And, whilst my workshops tend to be face to face, I recognise and have developed my online offerings to combine with face to face to offer a "blended" approach to reinforce learning and allow for geographically dispersed teams to benefit from learning.
A variety of formats to suit your needs:
- Lunch and Learns (2 -3 hours)
- Live and Pre-Recorded Webinars
- Group and Executive Personalised Coaching
- Online Courses, Web Classes and Master Classes
- Or a blend of the above
my company values
how I create safety for my clients
I believe in creating a sincere, no-judgement zone which makes room for vulnerability, honesty and openness.
The ability to encourage and appreciate the best in all of us is core to how I lead and how I encourage leaders to lead.
I believe that there is power in the present, that we all have a responsibility to be our best and to create shared understanding.
Successful leaders are curious, humble, willing to learn from others and say sorry.
My training provides a sense of belonging in a space that is truthful and challenging, yet respectful.
When we choose to let "stuff" go, to forgive ourselves and others, we learn true freedom.