brand yourself: the power of positive branding for leaders
- Do you know what other people say about you when you are not around?
- Would you like to be the first person other’s think about when they think….”your role”?
- Would you like to be invited to job or career opportunities typically not shared in places like SEEK, Jobsdb, My Career, Job Seeker and so on….?
Tom Peters, who started the personal branding revolution said: “Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding.
why is a professional brand crucial for leaders?
We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc.
To be in a leadership position today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called "You".
You have to take responsibility for creating and learning what and who you stand so you can perfectly position yourself for career success as leaders.
It’s that simple — and that hard.
And that inescapable.
INTRODUCING THE POWER OF professional branding
"Your brand is what you are remembered for"
It’s the reputation you build through your relationships. It’s your calling card. It’s what you’re known for and how people experience you.
It’s about bringing who you are to what you do and how you do it.
Delivering your brand clearly and consistently will create a memorable experience in the minds of those you interact with and can open doors to new opportunities.
The lack of a professional brand has been a typical oversight many a new and experienced Leader has overlooked, until that moment when they realise they have just been passed over not because of their lack of experience or qualifications BUT because of a lack of exposure and planning.
Don’t put yourself in that position, take ownership of your brand and your future opportunities today. Brand Yourself!
Objectives of the Workshop:
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Differentiate fact from myth regarding professional brand as well as why it is important for you to professionally have one that you have consciously created
- Leverage the principles of branding to start developing your professional brand
- Identify your values, purpose, passions and relationships that will help you to develop an understanding of your “why, who, what and how”
- Recognise your unique “super powers” and be able to properly position this for positive and powerful effect
- Create and craft at least 2 versions of your “elevator pitch” and create a tagline that sets you apart from “people like you”
- Strategically use social media to make the right impression with your target audience and potential employers
- Learn the value of “dressing for success” and use this to create a unique impression, every time
- Use the power of your network at both an operational and more strategic level, in order to position yourself for the right opportunities
- Learn how to network authentically, without the awkwardness and hype that is typically associated with “networking events”
“Your brand is what gets said about you when you are not in the room.”
Check what my clients say about me
“My expectations in attending this workshop were to better understand the rationale of personal branding and possibly learn techniques to evolve my personal brand with consistency.
Kerry helped me achieve this by explaining and including examples, how personal branding has assisted others, and providing techniques and logical responses to assist personal branding with a high degree of consistency.
What I appreciate the most about her is the energetic style and enthusiasm of presenting.
One of the biggest takeaways for me from the workshop was the importance of consistency and self-reflection to ensure that your brand is an accurate representation of you and your goals.
The reason I would recommend Kerry Anne is because her enthusiasm for personal branding can convert even the most skeptical of people."
Ashish U Dhanjee
/ Civil Engineer
"Both the anecdotal and formal feedback has been very positive which is testament to both the processes, techniques and content of Kerry’s presentation.
I would like to commend Kerry for:
1. Building bridges and engaging with the audience prior to commencement of the presentation, and staying afterwards to discuss any issues raised by participants
2. Successfully engaging the audience in interactive activities throughout her presentation
3. Focusing the presentation on “what YOU can do” to improve your personal brand – encouraging people to “Take Action”
4. The positive reinforcement she gave to any questions, suggestions or responses provided by the audience
It is also worth mentioning that some of the members of this particular audience were “challenging” for any presenter, but Kerry handled the situation very well.
This course definitely met my expectations.
I had some lightbulb moments which I am going to apply back in the workplace.
The course was well presented and very engaging.
delivery and value
introducing the power of positive
I have always believed in and tried to live my life from a perspective of “The Power of Positive”. We now know from science that we are 31% more productive in positive than in neutral, negative or stressed.
So, it’ll come as no surprise that my Signature Programmes tie this theme together, whether addressing management or team challenges.
Each of my Signature Programmes in the Power of Positive Series complement each other to form an entire programme. This cohesive framework has been designed to flow from one development topic to the next.
customised to your needs
My modular approach makes it easy for you to choose topics that will solve your specific challenges.
Depending on your needs, challenges and budget, I can craft and customise to create a unique programme tailored for you and your organisation.
And, whilst my workshops tend to be face to face, I recognise and have developed my online offerings to combine with face to face to offer a "blended" approach to reinforce learning and allow for geographically dispersed teams to benefit from learning.
A variety of formats to suit your needs:
- Lunch and Learns (2 -3 hours)
- Live and Pre-Recorded Webinars
- Group and Executive Personalised Coaching
- Online Courses, Web Classes and Master Classes
- Or a blend of the above
my company values
how I create safety for my clients
I believe in creating a sincere, no-judgement zone which makes room for vulnerability, honesty and openness.
The ability to encourage and appreciate the best in all of us is core to how I lead and how I encourage leaders to lead.
I believe that there is power in the present, that we all have a responsibility to be our best and to create shared understanding.
Successful leaders are curious, humble, willing to learn from others and say sorry.
My training provides a sense of belonging in a space that is truthful and challenging, yet respectful.
When we choose to let "stuff" go, to forgive ourselves and others, we learn true freedom.